If you are running a business but don’t have a responsive website design, you are missing out. So why is it so important to have a website that uses a responsive design? Unsure what “responsive design” is? How the heck will a responsive design help me and my business?
First off, a responsive website is a web design that caters to usability of the site on various devices such as smartphones and tablets in addition to more traditional laptops and desktops. Having a website that works well on smartphones is of particular importance for businesses these days for several reasons but probably most importantly the number of online searches on smartphones has now officially surpassed online searches on desktops/laptops. But that is not the only impressive statistic to be aware of. If you don’t believe us, check out some of these impressive stats (as of June, 2015):
- 4 out of 5 smartphone users now use their smartphones to shop online
- 70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hours time
- Conversion percentages on mobile devices are nearly 3x higher then they are on desktops/laptops
- The average smartphone user spends more than 2 hours per day using their smartphone
- 67% of shoppers are more likely to buy using a site that is compatible with a smartphone versus one that is not
- Sales increased by an average of 63% on sites optimized for smartphones and tablets
- 55% of conversions from a mobile search happen within an hour
In addition to increased searches, etc the user experience is also improved. For example, the sites we build here at Omaha Computer Service Pros are optimized for all devices, including smartphones and tablets. On the smartphone version of the site that we build, we often include large buttons. These buttons can be anything but most commonly are used for a “Click to Call” or “Click to email” buttons which simplify the process of contacting you. Typically the easier it is for a customer to contact you, the better. In addition, we can include a “Our Location” button that when clicked, will give a person turn by turn directions to where you are located using their GPS enabled smartphone. Finding your business couldn’t be easier.
Let’s be honest here, if your business doesn’t use a responsive design, you are likely losing out on business and it is only going to get worse in the coming years as more and more people become smartphone users. If you are interested in “taking the plunge” and getting a new site designed for your business, including a site that uses a responsive design, don’t hesitate to contact us. At the very least we’d be happy to meet with you in person to discuss your options. Also, feel free check some of the features of the service we offer.